Monitor Problem

Old 01-27-05, 07:26 PM
K
kpm
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Monitor Problem

My monitor will display a 'self test' just fine, but will not display anything from the dsub input. The light goes from green to amber when I turn the computer on and off, but no image ever shows up. It is a dell e171fpb monitor. Anyone have any ideas? Is a dsub connection goin bad a common problem? I have tried the cable and source on a different monitor and it worked fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-31-05, 12:37 PM
K
kpm
I read on another site that it may be the monitor's controller, has anyone tried to take apart an LCD monitor? I have some experience with fixing electronics, but not LCD's. They make the casing to these things unreasonably hard to break into. Anyone know a good place to find Dell parts?

Old 01-31-05, 02:02 PM
C
Is the warranty still valid? Have you talked to Dell?

The owner's manual for this monitor recommends checking for bent or broken pins when the unit is on and disconnected from a source and passes the self-test feature check.

http://************/5jmlz

If the connector is broken, it should be easy to replace from Dell or other source of electronics supplies.

Old 01-31-05, 02:39 PM
S
Too high resolution?

You said you tried another monitor. Did you check what resolution you were running at? While many monitors these days will tell you if you are running resolutions that are out of range not all do. I have seen both LCD and CRT based monitors just go black (though the power will also often go to save mode on newer ones) when presented with a signal beyond their operational range. Something to try...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: