Scan Disk

Old 01-30-05, 09:08 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Scan Disk

good morning: I have two machines that are very similar to each other, both run windows 98se. Computor A has a 15gb hard drive and 56 mb of ram. Computor B has a 20 gb hard drive and 184 mb of ram. when i run scan disk on computor A it scans about 516 clusters of about 1,876,000 every 4 sec. computor B runs about 256 clusters of about 1,221,000 every 4 secs. Before i run scan disk on the machines, i turn off screen savers and put in safe mode. although this proccess seems to take forever on both machines, can anyone explain why the big difference in speed between A and B. is there something else i should be doing before i run scan disk. thanks in advance as always

Old 01-30-05, 04:24 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Some variables are: processor speed, virtual memory or unused hard drive space, free random access memory, IDE bus speed, drive head speeds, and drive rotational speed. When there is more or faster or a combination, the speed of the program may well be faster.

To make a more specific evaluation, you could gather these bits of information and make a comparison. Nevertheless, some computers seem to run faster than others.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: