office 2000 standard

Old 01-31-05, 10:44 AM
masaillini
Visiting Guest
Question office 2000 standard

I have a new machine i would like to install office 2000 standard on. My operating system is windows x p home edition which came with a trial updated version of this software. All i want to do is run the 2000 edition but will not work why? even if i remove the trial edition stll will not work.

any solutions would help thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-05, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you remove the trial version and restart the computer before installing Office 2000? If not, remove whatever of these two you have installed and make a fresh start. Office 2000 should run under XP.

Old 01-31-05, 04:07 PM
masaillini
Visiting Guest
Question

everything but word works fine,except word it will not open just freezes.that is the only thing that does not work.

Old 01-31-05, 08:07 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
start with this step, and if that fails, try the other steps listed on the microsoft page.
from microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290771

Rename the Global Template (Normal.dot)
NOTE: Renaming the Normal.dot template resets several options back to their default settings, including custom styles, custom toolbars, macros, and AutoText entries. For this reason, Microsoft strongly recommends that you rename the Normal.dot template instead of deleting it.

Certain installations may yield more than one legitimate Normal.dot file. These situations include multiple versions of Word running on the same computer, or several workstation installations on the same computer. In these situations, pay special attention, so that you rename the correct copy of Normal.dot.

The default location for the global template (Normal.dot) is in the following location.

Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Follow these steps to rename the Normal.dot template.

In Windows XP:
1. Quit all Microsoft Office programs.
2. Click Start and then click Search.
3. Under What do you want to search for, click All files and folders.
4. In the All or part of the file name box, type Normal.dot.
5. In the Look in box, make sure that you search your computer's local hard disk.
6. Click Search.
7. For each occurrence of Normal.dot that appears in the Find dialog box, right-click the file. Click Rename. Type a new file name (for example, OldNormal.dot), and then press ENTER.
8. Quit Find and restart Word the way that you normally do (without using the /a switch).