Stupid Windows Media Player 10

Old 02-04-05, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Stupid Windows Media Player 10

Time was I could copy music from and to my cd drive using my Windows Media Player. Then I downloaded the Windows update to Media Player 10. Now my Dell w/ Windows XP will only let me rip to the hard drive and I've burnt up a box of blanks trying to burn to a cd. Windows "Help and Support" does not. Error code c00d11c9 is not explained, except to make sure I've the correct drivers. All I did was download a Windows update to my Windows XP driven computer. Can someone offer a reasonable solution other than the application of the correct amount of plastic explosives?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-05, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Microsoft says:
When I try to burn a CD, why do I get a C00D11C9 message?

Windows Media Player cannot copy the files to the recordable disc for one of the following reasons:
o The CD-R or CD-RW drive is busy performing another operation. Wait for the drive to complete its current task, and then try again.
o The CD-R or CD-RW drive is not connected properly. Verify that the drive is connected properly, and then try again.
o The software drivers for the CD-R or CD-RW drive are missing or corrupted. Reinstall the drivers by scanning for updates on the Windows Update Web site or by going to your CD-drive manufacturer's Web site.
o The CD-R or CD-RW drive is not compatible with Windows. To verify that the CD drive is compatible with Windows, go to the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) on the Windows Hardware and Driver Central Web page.

http://************/4qjfl

I would reinstall the drivers and see if that helps.

Last edited by chfite; 02-04-05 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add link