Transferred Outlook Express to Outlook - Problem

Old 02-21-05, 04:56 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Transferred Outlook Express to Outlook - Problem

I have a lot of e-mail messages in my file folder in Outlook Express going back to 2002.

Changed over to OutLook and transferred everything from Express to Outlook. Most everthing I think is OK except a few messages. An Example a message with the original date of 2/17/2002 was changed to 2/17/2005. This has happened several times and now are listed by date on the top of the list.

Does anyone know what could have happened? Is there anyway to get into the message to correct the date?

Thanks,

Harlan

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-05, 09:10 PM
tae
http://www.okinfoweb.com/moe/bugs/bugs_038.htm

it seems the major problem is when importing mail that originated from eudora.
it doesnt use time/date stamping, but it will look like it does in about everything but outlook 2003.

YOU COULD TRY THIS:
If your imported messages are truly date sensitive, here's what you can do to fix this problem:

* Save your imported message (and yes, this has to be done on a message-by-message basis) using File | Save As and when prompted for name, make sure that you save it in *.eml format (which is the default selection).
* Open your text editor of choice and then open the *.eml file that you just saved.
* Once open, you'll see that the opening line is ">From [email protected]???>", followed by the original date information. Simply replace the quoted information above with "Date:" (without the quotation marks). Also, the From: line in Eudora messages doesn't have a time zone because Eudora is using the local time. OE will assume GMT if it doesn't see a time zone. So you also need to add the time zone of the Eudora user's PC to the new Date: line, e.g., MDT is "+700" (without the quotes). Please note that you only want to create this new Date line if the message does not already have a real Date: line. OE will use the first Date line in the message. If you create one for a received message, the OE will use the created Date: line and say the message was Sent when it actually was Received (written to the Eudora mail file). With that caveat and having made the necessary changes, save the modified *.eml file.
* Open the modified *.eml file by double clicking on that file in Windows Explorer and an OE Read Message window will pop up (as long as OE is your default mail client). ml file. Now, use File | Copy to Folder from the menu bar of the Read Message window and select a folder into which you would like to copy the message.
* The next time that you open OE, the message will appear in the folder selected and it should display the original "send" date.

Old 02-24-05, 09:12 AM
H
I think I'm missing something. I cannot save the Outlook Mail in *.eml format.

Is this suppose to work with Outlet.

What I did was transferred mail from Outlook Express to Outlook and came up with this problem.

Thanks,