email

Old 03-11-05, 01:57 PM
P
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
email

Hello
I am going from dial up to Comcast hi speed and want to use an email program other than outlook. Does Thunderbird work with Comcast/hi speed so that I can retrieve my mail from a web based server?
Any other helpful hints about the transition appreciated.
Pete

Last edited by peterr; 03-11-05 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-11-05, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. Im bored and a comcast user (and dial up user and RoadRunner user). I've never used Thunderbird but I'm pretty sure I can use any mail client available. I doubt there are any dependencies between transport (dial up/ hi speed) and applications for email. However I will leave that answer to the pros' here. But it might help if you further explain what you mean by '...retrieve my mail from a web based server'.

For example, I can retrieve mail from Yahoo mail via my client Outlook, etc. Is that what you mean? If so, that has little to do with connection methods.

Old 03-11-05, 08:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
you know what?.. I use Comcast cable modem also, and I use their email program.. works for me... I've used almost everyone of them out there and this one is pretty simple and works... doesn't have the vulnerabilities of the Outlook Express too... and you can access it from anywhere..

Old 03-12-05, 05:41 AM
P
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
compatibility

This is a response to the two who wrote to me.
I am looking for an email program that is relatively ez to use and that I can retrieve my email from another pc with-that is what I mean by web based.
I have not yet gotten comcast so don't know about its email programs; I heard they offered outlook and a web based program but recommend outlook.
Can you get your email from another pc with outlook?

Old 03-12-05, 08:05 AM
C
Thunderbird will work fine for receiving your e-mail from a web based server.

Old 03-12-05, 10:10 PM
D
You can export your e-mail

messages and address book from Outlook. I'm pretty sure that you can import them directly into Thunderbird (I don't use it so I'm not sure) at this point.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, if you are downloading the messages onto one computer and then need to read the messages at another one? Or if you just need to get your e-mails out of Outlook and into Thunderbird on the same computer?

Old 03-12-05, 10:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I use the email program built right into the Comcast webpage.. I retrieve my emails everywhere I go, including at sea on cruises... no problems.. save them to my folders and when I get home, there they are, in my folders.. why use another email program when the "Mail" works so good in the Comcast web page..

Old 03-13-05, 12:10 PM
D
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
To clear things up a bit, Comcast uses a pop3 based email system, but also provides web based acces to it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: