search community

Old 03-14-05, 05:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down search community

So far the reception from the search community has been quite positive for www.xxxxxxx.com. Nevertheless, some experts still think that the engine "isn't yet ready to play ball in the big leagues." Letís see which way the cat turns.

Last edited by GregH; 03-22-05 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Promoting web site not permitted
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-05, 05:58 AM
Is there a question here?

Why use anything besides Google?

Old 03-14-05, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by air biscuit
Is there a question here?

Why use anything besides Google?
Perhaps it's just a tip

I for one am increasingly frustrated with Google and it's limits and sponsered "links"
I am looking for info, not "where to buy"

Sounds like an ad though

Old 03-14-05, 06:03 PM
tae
http://searchenginewatch.com/searchd...le.php/3444321

December 7, 2004

New search engine Accoona launched with great fanfare last night, but hold the applause. It's a promising start, but testing shows Accoona isn't yet ready to play ball in the big leagues.

It's always exciting to try out new search tools. After spending some time with Accoona, I was disappointed. However, Accoona is a brand new service and deserves time to grow and hopefully improve.

Accoona is based in New Jersey, though China Daily Information, the largest English language web site in China, owns a controlling interest in the company. The company touts its artificial intelligence technologies as "an important part of our intellectual property."

Accoona is running its own web crawler. This means that we now have another unique web index, which is always welcome. How large is the database? Accoona CEO Stuart Kauder refused to reveal a total page count, nor did he say how often the database is updated other than that it's done "regularly."

The search interface is sparse, with just a search box and three radio buttons visible. These buttons allow the searcher to run a web search, a business directory search, or combine web search and business search results, if business information is available.

Boolean connectors as well as several other pieces of advanced search syntax (title:, link:, etc.) are available.

Result pages also look like what we see elsewhere (10 results per page) with paid listings in the right column. Accoona's paid listings are provided by Overture.

Old 03-20-05, 11:27 AM
Well I've been using it for a few days now
I can see why they say it's not "big time" yet
It's a little rough around the edges
But frankly, I like it better

Old 03-22-05, 01:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thumbs down

Tae, thanks for the lovely research. Well i had no intention of making my thots sound like a commercial but if thats what you think, slickshift, i am quite flattered. I will always know that when i retire, one mega option would be to pen thots and sell them as adlines.....

Also, if u r looking purely for info, then xxxxxxxx is not a bad destination coz it has added an interesting icon against its results when u r seaching for something and u hit the business button. When u click this icon, pupppppp comes up a box with the company's address, fax, phone, www, no. of employees and other things that might interest ya!

And air biscuit, if u like xxxxxxxx, then u sure might want to chk out its revolutionary desktop bar.

From the look of it, search engines are in for a big time war with each one trying to up the other with something new..........its gonna be interesting.

Last edited by GregH; 03-22-05 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Promoting website not permitted