Slow computer

Old 03-17-05, 09:01 AM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Slow computer

My computer is getting really slow when I am downloading pages to view on the internet. I have DSL and I use mozilla firefox. When I first got them everything went fast, if you clicked on a page link it would pop up in no time and now I wait for it to load all the time. I always do the disk defragmenter and disk clean ups on my computer and it use to help speed things up but it doesn't help any more. My Icons on my desk top will also take so time to open up now to and that use to never happen. Any body know what I should do? THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Last edited by my86chevy; 03-17-05 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-17-05, 12:03 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What operating system? What is running in the background?

Old 03-17-05, 08:02 PM
This sounds like a case of spyware on your computer. What programs do you use to remove spyware? I suggest "Adaware" and "Spybot" as good programs to remove spyware. I also suggest that you do a virus scan aswell. Either use "Nortons" or "AVG" to remove any possible virus's. Other than that, you covered the other couple things I would have done

Let us know how it goes...

Old 03-18-05, 09:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
another thing to take a gander at is your cookies... they hide them in other file folders also, so check everywhere... they will dang near stop your computer! and they will stop Adobe Acrobat from loading.. I found out the hard way.. from then on I set my internet options to delete cookies everyday, and only allow 1mb of file storage, temporarily...

Old 03-19-05, 08:05 AM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
I downloaded Spy Doctor 3.1 to my computer and things seem to be moving faster. So now I am running Windows XP with eTrust ezAntivirus 7.0 and the Spy Doctor. Any other tips to help me avoid this happening again?

Old 03-19-05, 11:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
you might try the free scan by www.stopsign.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: