Software for converting video to dvd

Old 03-18-05, 12:06 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Software for converting video to dvd

What software can you recommend to convert video files into a DVD ready format.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-05, 07:24 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Edge-Harley
What software can you recommend to convert video files into a DVD ready format.
i use dvd shrink to load to folder on HD..then use nero ultra to burn....or use dvd santa for avi, mpeg files to dvd

bob

Old 03-19-05, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 32 Posts
I too have dvd shrink and used it to copy a movie I own as a back up.
The copy plays on my computer and today I am going out to buy a dvd player that reads dvd/r+ and dvd/r- disks.

I'll let you know if it works.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Old 03-19-05, 08:07 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by GregH
I too have dvd shrink and used it to copy a movie I own as a back up.
The copy plays on my computer and today I am going out to buy a dvd player that reads dvd/r+ and dvd/r- disks.

I'll let you know if it works.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

hey Greg

make sure the dvd player is not only formated for -r's and +r's..but also +rw's..as you might want to use rw's also..i bought a cheap emerson dvd/cd player at wal-mart...for 45 bucks....plays all formats beautifully.....havent had a problem :O))

Old 03-19-05, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Ya, thanks flabob,

I have one picked out.
In addition to needing a dvd player I have to replace our vcr.
Although I am not crazy about all-in-ones, Sears has on sale, a Sony hi-fi vcr/player/recorder and a dvd player that reads dvd/rw+. dvd/rw-, dvd/+r, dvd-r, jpeg, vcd, mp3, wma and a few others that may not even be invented yet.

The all-in-one will be for my wife's benefit because our surround system does not have video inputs and you need an operator's certificate to get something to play through a manual switcher and the right combination of settings.

Old 03-19-05, 09:07 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Ya, thanks flabob,

I have one picked out.
In addition to needing a dvd player I have to replace our vcr.
Although I am not crazy about all-in-ones, Sears has on sale, a Sony hi-fi vcr/player/recorder and a dvd player that reads dvd/rw+. dvd/rw-, dvd/+r, dvd-r, jpeg, vcd, mp3, wma and a few others that may not even be invented yet.

The all-in-one will be for my wife's benefit because our surround system does not have video inputs and you need an operator's certificate to get something to play through a manual switcher and the right combination of settings.
sounds good ... im trying to learn how to convert vhs to dvd..lol..what a a pain that is ......lol

Old 03-19-05, 02:33 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You really need software that will let you go from your capture card direct to dvd or your hard drive will fill up very fast

Old 03-19-05, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Yes, it works!

The dvd I own and copied to a dvd/R+ works fine including the menu .
I was able to remove a small box of wiring and a switch and now my wife will be able to operate it I think.
Plus, the video not having to go through the switch is better.

One thing I couldn't wrap my head around was to whether to choose dvd/-r or /+r disks.
When I bought my burner the only difference i could see was the + format had a transfer rate almost double that of the -.
So I chose +.

Is this a VHS, Beta thing?

Old 03-20-05, 05:58 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Yes, it works!

The dvd I own and copied to a dvd/R+ works fine including the menu .
I was able to remove a small box of wiring and a switch and now my wife will be able to operate it I think.
Plus, the video not having to go through the switch is better.

One thing I couldn't wrap my head around was to whether to choose dvd/-r or /+r disks.
When I bought my burner the only difference i could see was the + format had a transfer rate almost double that of the -.
So I chose +.

Is this a VHS, Beta thing?
it started out as a beta -vhs thing..but the new burners took care of that...i find +'r are a little better in sound and quality..but some puters..only burn either -r's or +r's,,,..and alot of dvd players arnt formated to +r's... happy burning :O))