Software for converting video to dvd

Reply

  #1  
Old 03-18-05, 12:06 PM
E
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2004
Location: US
Posts: 86
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Software for converting video to dvd

What software can you recommend to convert video files into a DVD ready format.
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-19-05, 07:24 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by Edge-Harley
What software can you recommend to convert video files into a DVD ready format.
i use dvd shrink to load to folder on HD..then use nero ultra to burn....or use dvd santa for avi, mpeg files to dvd

bob
 
  #3  
Old 03-19-05, 07:55 AM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 10,124
Received 34 Votes on 32 Posts
I too have dvd shrink and used it to copy a movie I own as a back up.
The copy plays on my computer and today I am going out to buy a dvd player that reads dvd/r+ and dvd/r- disks.

I'll let you know if it works.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
 
  #4  
Old 03-19-05, 08:07 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by GregH
I too have dvd shrink and used it to copy a movie I own as a back up.
The copy plays on my computer and today I am going out to buy a dvd player that reads dvd/r+ and dvd/r- disks.

I'll let you know if it works.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

hey Greg

make sure the dvd player is not only formated for -r's and +r's..but also +rw's..as you might want to use rw's also..i bought a cheap emerson dvd/cd player at wal-mart...for 45 bucks....plays all formats beautifully.....havent had a problem :O))
 
  #5  
Old 03-19-05, 08:26 AM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 10,124
Received 34 Votes on 32 Posts
Ya, thanks flabob,

I have one picked out.
In addition to needing a dvd player I have to replace our vcr.
Although I am not crazy about all-in-ones, Sears has on sale, a Sony hi-fi vcr/player/recorder and a dvd player that reads dvd/rw+. dvd/rw-, dvd/+r, dvd-r, jpeg, vcd, mp3, wma and a few others that may not even be invented yet.

The all-in-one will be for my wife's benefit because our surround system does not have video inputs and you need an operator's certificate to get something to play through a manual switcher and the right combination of settings.
 
  #6  
Old 03-19-05, 09:07 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by GregH
Ya, thanks flabob,

I have one picked out.
In addition to needing a dvd player I have to replace our vcr.
Although I am not crazy about all-in-ones, Sears has on sale, a Sony hi-fi vcr/player/recorder and a dvd player that reads dvd/rw+. dvd/rw-, dvd/+r, dvd-r, jpeg, vcd, mp3, wma and a few others that may not even be invented yet.

The all-in-one will be for my wife's benefit because our surround system does not have video inputs and you need an operator's certificate to get something to play through a manual switcher and the right combination of settings.
sounds good ... im trying to learn how to convert vhs to dvd..lol..what a a pain that is ......lol
 
  #7  
Old 03-19-05, 02:33 PM
A
Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 123
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You really need software that will let you go from your capture card direct to dvd or your hard drive will fill up very fast
 
  #8  
Old 03-19-05, 02:54 PM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 10,124
Received 34 Votes on 32 Posts
Yes, it works!

The dvd I own and copied to a dvd/R+ works fine including the menu .
I was able to remove a small box of wiring and a switch and now my wife will be able to operate it I think.
Plus, the video not having to go through the switch is better.

One thing I couldn't wrap my head around was to whether to choose dvd/-r or /+r disks.
When I bought my burner the only difference i could see was the + format had a transfer rate almost double that of the -.
So I chose +.

Is this a VHS, Beta thing?
 
  #9  
Old 03-20-05, 05:58 AM
flabob
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by GregH
Yes, it works!

The dvd I own and copied to a dvd/R+ works fine including the menu .
I was able to remove a small box of wiring and a switch and now my wife will be able to operate it I think.
Plus, the video not having to go through the switch is better.

One thing I couldn't wrap my head around was to whether to choose dvd/-r or /+r disks.
When I bought my burner the only difference i could see was the + format had a transfer rate almost double that of the -.
So I chose +.

Is this a VHS, Beta thing?
it started out as a beta -vhs thing..but the new burners took care of that...i find +'r are a little better in sound and quality..but some puters..only burn either -r's or +r's,,,..and alot of dvd players arnt formated to +r's... happy burning :O))
 
Reply
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: