Stopzilla won't Stop

Old 03-22-05, 04:46 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Stopzilla won't Stop

As I have said in the past I had used StopZilla to aide in pop-up blocking.

Now that the sub-scripition has run out and I have chose not to use their service any more, the remnants of Stopzilla are now haunting my computer.

Case in point:

A pop up will appear from no where and un provocated, stating frame allocating, and Icon on bottom of screen, Showing SZ Allocate Frame

If I press OK on the allocate frame with the Stopzilla Logo in it freezes my computer.

Steps that I have taken are running spy ware tdetection such as web root ad aware spy bot and Norton, neither of these detection devices recognize this a virus or ad-ware or spy-ware problem, I have also gone to control panel to the delete section and deleted the Stopzilla symbol that is there.

It does go away, but as soon as I leave this section and cloes it all up, I return immeadiately to the remove and install section in the control panel and there it is back again, no matter how many times I push the buttons to remove it returns I even shut the computer off after deleting thinking this would help but does no good.

Is this problem because I once had stopzilla on my computer and chose to get rid of it or is this something entirely weird?

Old 03-22-05, 06:16 PM
D
It looks like

Windows can un-install Stopzilla. I found these directions on their website, under on-line help file.

UNINSTALLING STOPzilla:

Make sure you’ve exited STOPzilla by right-clicking on the system tray icon (Sz - located on the lower right hand corner of your display). Also, make sure to close all currently running programs. Next, click on your “Start” button. Go to “Settings” and from the sub-menu, click on “Control Panel”. Next, select “Add/Remove Programs” from the list. Find STOPzilla! In the list of installed programs, select it by clicking on it, and click “REMOVE”. Follow the on screen prompts until finished.

Hopefully, this will get rid of the program and it's prompts.

Old 03-22-05, 07:01 PM
M
Been there done that

What you have told me to do, is exactly what I have been doing.

There are no icons of Stopzilla in lower right hand part of screen, where all the others are.

I go to control panel. Then go to ad and or remove programs, delete Stopzilla
it goes away. When I go back to see if it is indeed gone, after I have just deleted it there it is again.

Old 03-22-05, 07:09 PM
J
If you have the original install program, install it again. I think you will find that it also installs a uninstall program that is available from Start->Programs->StopZilla. If so, use that uninstall program.

Otherwise go to the control panel and remove it from there. Use Remove, not delete.

Old 03-22-05, 09:50 PM
tae
from stopzilla com:
http://www.stopzilla.com/download/do...ce=&AAID=&dre=
Questions? Need Help? Please call us toll free at: 1.877.877.9944

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: