Exporting files between browsers

Old 03-25-05, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exporting files between browsers

Hello all. Recently I started using Mozilla's Firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer. Although I try to use the Firefox mainly, I will keep I.E. for some applications.
When using Firefox, it requires occasionally that I have a media player such as Real Player to run some files. Is there a way to export this media player from I.E. instead of downloading it again to use exclusively with Firefox??
I've already tried to use the file export tool in Firefox, but, exporting this type of a file isn't listed?? Any ideas?? Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-05, 11:04 AM
don't know the answer, but I would do everything I could not to download real-player again. I made the mistake of downloading real-player last when downloading several media players to a new system, and it highjacked all the preference settings. I absolutely despise programs that 1)automatically change the preference settings of your system 2)automatically put their software to load at start-up. I would never subscribe to any pay subscriptions from real-player just because of the conflicts (not to mention the constant up-grade ads when using their player), I've had with their software and the other players.

Old 03-25-05, 11:16 AM
Running the installer again should present you with options for its installation.

Old 03-29-05, 06:12 PM
Yes I agree jrx. It seems that everytime you download a program such as Real Player you do end up with some proprietary software that will take over where you don't want it to. Its almost as if you kind of lose some control over your computer so to speak. I guess thats the price you pay for using their product.

Not sure what you meant by running the installer chfite? Do you mean the Firefox exporting tool? Or re-installing Real Player??