Copy Guarded Pages (Retitled Question)

Old 04-29-05, 08:42 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Copy Guarded Pages (Retitled Question)

there appears to be some kind of ridiculous copyguard on the article (link to the article at bottom), when I try and download it "save as" so I get the article as well as the "how to pictures it won't even download with IE. all I get is this.

when I try and save the page (save as) with firefox (which usually works), I get the page but without the pics (which would be no different than copying to wordpad).

the article itself even says it's ok to use (and this text can be seen in the 1st pic above).
<quote>Copying the contents for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited without Directron.com's written consent. However, you are welcome to distribute these computer support tips free to your friends and associates as long as it's not for commercial purposes----all I want to do is keep it--- and you acknowledge the source. You are permitted and encouraged to create links to this page from your own web site.</quote>

here is the address off the properties that they're using off one of the pics that appears with the big red X when downloaded, if that will help
<quote>http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/directron/p4insa3</quote>

anyone have any suggestions so I can file this away with my computer upgrate info? thx.

here is the link to the webpage

P4 Readiness and Installation

Old 04-30-05, 02:50 AM
G
I didn't have any problem saving the page with images using FireFox 1.0.2, which version did you try to use?

Old 04-30-05, 02:52 AM
A
I had no problems copying the page to my computer...

Using Firefox, I chose "Save Page As", then saved it to my desktop as an html doc. It created the link, as well as the folder containing the supporting .txt and picture files.

When I click on the downloaded link, it opens it up off my hard drive without a problem (pics and all). Doesn't seem to be a problem with the website...

Old 04-30-05, 08:03 AM
J
chose "Save Page As", then saved it to my desktop as an html doc. It created the link, as well as the folder containing the supporting .txt and picture files.

I was using an older version of firefox. just updated to 1.0.3 and tried it again. I get the same results that you do in the folder but I'm still getting the big red X for all the pictures which appear to be .txt files while the wording portion of the downloaded document appear to be .html (when you click on properties). I'm still running windows 98se on the internet computer so there must be something missing/corrupt that's not allowing me to view these pictures.

here's a list of the folder that's installing along with the folder link

Last edited by jrx10; 04-30-05 at 08:47 AM. Reason: want to

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: