Printer problems

Old 05-15-05, 04:48 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Printer problems

I have a Epson Stylus Photo R320 printer...and have changed out various ink cartridges several times. Somewhere along the line I have lost my color level indicators. I still get the bars but now their all gray. What could I be doing wrong. I have a Dell computer with Windows XP.

Old 05-15-05, 07:53 PM
R
What do you mean by color level indicators? Where are these?

Old 05-15-05, 08:48 PM
J
Printer problems

There is a box that pops up on the computer. This box contains 6 vertical bars that are each of the ink colors in the printer. The height of each bar is the quanity of that particular color. It evens warns you whenever the ink is getting low and it completely shuts down the printer whenever one color is out of ink. The problem is they are all gray and they are all the maximum height.

Old 05-16-05, 06:43 AM
grimreaper
Visiting Guest
I would start by reloading the drivers for that printer. (You may want to check the makers website as well for updated drivers while your at it.) I had a canon 9100 that did the same thing for a while. I updated the drivers, and it never happened again.
Good luck.

Old 05-16-05, 10:05 AM
B
I agree with what GrimReaper said, except that I would also suggest completely uninstalling the printer first and then reinstall.

Bob

Old 05-16-05, 07:28 PM
J
Printer problems

I un-installed the driver software and then re-installed it. Whenever I go to print the computer dosen't recognize it. What am I missing?

Old 05-17-05, 01:17 PM
B
Several questions.

1. What is the printer able to do now? Does it still print the color bars (in grayscale) as it did before? Or have we regressed from there?

2. How is the printer connected? USB or parallel?

3. If it is USB, do you have anything else connected on the USB port, and if so is it working okay?

4. Does it print a test page? Usually that is done after installation.

Bob

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: