Pictures too big

Old 05-24-05, 10:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pictures too big

Whenever I recieve pictures via email from my sister, the pics always come out gigantic. She reduces them before sending. I am the only one who has this problem. I use Hotmail and Internet Explorer. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-05, 10:23 AM
hi
she has the resolution to big on her camara.
check the internet explore under view text and select small

Old 05-24-05, 06:21 PM
Your sister only thinks she is reducing them. She needs photo software to "resize" the pics. Resize is an actual command on one of the drop-down menus. She will get a choice of pixels or inches or centimeters. Just reducing by using the mouse will not do it.
This is a common mistake for many, many people.

Old 05-24-05, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Flick2215,

Another way of viewing the images is to save them to a file on your hard drive and if you have XP you can view them in the Windows Viewer.
To access Windows viewer in XP just find the picure file and double click on it. The picture will then be viewable no matter what resolution it is.

Old 05-24-05, 10:17 PM
I dont know why I am having this problem. She says when she selects a pic to email, the program asks "Make pictures smaller". She always selects yes. I do the same thing when sending pics. No one has this problem that she sends the pics to except me. I tried the "View" of Explorer and selected small and smallest but that only made the text small, not the pics. I know I can save the pics to the hard drive but that is more of a nuisance than looking at a big picture. There has to be another setting that is returning the pictures to their orginal size upon their arrival to my inbox. My brother-in-law suggested reading my email with Outlook Express, but that didnt help either.
Thanks

Old 05-25-05, 06:49 AM
Have her download "Irfan View". It is free and is simple to use.

She opens a picture, then Image>>>Resize/Resample>>>then pick what size she wants. Save it with whatever. When I shrink a picture down, I add a 1 or a 2 to it. If the picture is My Dog, I call the smaller one My Dog1