Netscape 7.2

Old 06-08-05, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Netscape 7.2

This is going to be a good one for some one.
Heres the problem. I clicked (right) on the netscape short cut icon on the desktop. A dropdown minue appered, I clicked on the send to, then clicked on send to my docs. folder.

I then went to the my docs. folder an clicked on it the see if the netscape icon was there. It was. I left clicked on it to be able to see if the Profile Manager would come up. It did, but there was only one profile. The second one I had there had disapperd. This was my wifes ( deep XXXXX) if I don't get it back.

HELP HELP

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-05, 08:09 PM
C
Did you check the remaining shortcut on the desktop?

Old 06-08-05, 08:25 PM
Thumbs down No short cut

When I did what I did,the whole icon moved and did not leave any icon on the desk top.

Old 06-08-05, 09:29 PM
tae
have you tried sending it back? maybe an undo?

Old 06-09-05, 04:22 AM
C
I'm not all that familiar with Netscape 7.2, but have LOTS of experience with profiles in older versions (used to support a 185 user install of Netscape 4.7).

If you can get back to the profile manager, it should be simple to set back up her profile, assuming the files are still intact.

You can check to see if the files are still there by going to My Computer, drive C:, Program Files, Netscape, Profiles (I believe this was the location of Netscape profiles). Do you see your profile folder AND your wifes?

If so, open the profile manager (START-->Programs-->Netscape-->Profile Manager). Select the option for a new profile. Start giving it your wifes info. When it gets to the part of where the profile should reside, point it to her old profile folder. You should get an error message saying a profile already exists there and asking what to do. Tell it to use that info (sorry, I don't recall the exact questions asked).

Once that is done, you should be out of the dog house.