Printer Problem

Old 07-15-05, 05:23 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Printer Problem

Good Morning, re: hp deskjet 3320 printer, os windows 98se. i pulled a document to print, and the printer did not respond, so i hit print again, still nothing, i repeated the request, still nothing. After the third try, i attempted to purge the print queue. There were the three jobs lined up to print. I was able to cancel two of the three, but the third would not go away. It appeared that it was holding up the others. I then uninstalled/reinstalled the printer ran the tests, was able to print one document, then the same thing reoccured. i went through the same proccedure as before two different times, but i still have the same problem. can anyone give me some advise. as always, thanks in advance

Old 07-16-05, 10:00 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In the control panel, uninstall the printer and the printer drivers as well as any programs that go with the printer, such as printer manufacturer specific paint, banner, or other programs. Turn off the printer, restart the computer, and go through the process of installing the printer from scratch. Be sure to install current drivers for your operating system.

Check to make sure that all cables and wires are properly seated in their respective receptacles.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: