Speedstream 5100 Modem

Old 08-02-05, 07:32 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Speedstream 5100 Modem

I recently had SBC DSL installed on my computer. After weeks of speaking with SBC Tech personnel and one modem exchange, I am still having the same problem. Every time I try to connect , I have the same series of results: First, all lights are green...but failure to sign in...Second, power light flashes red and all lights go out....another failure to sign in....power light goes green and one-by-one the rest of the modem comes up and after three additional attempts, I can sign on. This does not happen if I sign off and sign right back on...only after a long period of shutdown. SBC says if they send a tech and it's not their problem, I will be charged. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-05, 09:58 AM
A
What exactly do you mean by "sign on" and "sign off"?

I have that modem with my MCI DSL service. If I cycle the power (unplug it for a minute, then plug it back in), it can take a minute or two to finally connect, but once it does, it stays connected unless I turn it off again.

Are you losing your signal then trying to acquire it again?

Old 08-02-05, 10:43 AM
S
When I sit down to connect to SBC Yahoo four of my lights are solid green on my modem. I hit the "sign in" icon and SBC tries to connect and will then give me a message that says "sign in failed." Then I try again. The second time, the Power light will go out and then begin flashing red, eventually turning green...then the remaining three lights will turn green one at a time. This entire process of trying to get onto the internet will always take exactly five tries.