AVG Antivirus

Old 09-04-05, 12:02 PM
Peteski
Visiting Guest
AVG Antivirus

I uninstalled Norton System Works 2004, because I've heard a lot of problems with 2005 and didn't want to upgrade. I downloaded AVG Free and tried to install it. It said that Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator had a bug, and I needed to update it. I found the program in Windows Media Player. I am thinking of uninstalling the Win PLayer, however, there are 3 separate ones, ( Win Media Player 9 Hotfix, Win Media Player Hotfix, and Win Media Player System Update. In what order should I uninstall them?

Peteski

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-05, 02:15 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What actual bug?

You can check windows update as there may be an update for your media player that could remove the bug. Would most likely be listed as a critical update. http://update.microsoft.com/

Old 09-04-05, 02:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 45 Posts
Media Player 10 is the latest update, just installed it not too long ago.

Old 09-04-05, 09:24 PM
Peteski
Visiting Guest
Hiya,

I downloaded Win Media 10, however, I couldn't install it. I'm running Win 2000 Pro, and it's for XP only. I guess I'll just have to upgrade.

Thanks a bunch.

Peteski

Old 09-05-05, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by Peteski
It said that Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator had a bug, and I needed to update it. I found the program in Windows Media Player.
Your post is confusing, Easy CD Creator is not "in" Windows Media Player, they are both seperate applications. If it said the Roxio app has a bug, you need to update it, not Windows Media Player.

Old 09-05-05, 06:33 AM
T
Originally Posted by Davejb
Your post is confusing, Easy CD Creator is not "in" Windows Media Player, they are both seperate applications. If it said the Roxio app has a bug, you need to update it, not Windows Media Player.
Roxio actually provides the cd burning engine for windows media player 9 just as it did 8 as well, so that is why he is getting that message.

Peteski, what bug does it have? What problems is it causing you? if any?

Old 09-05-05, 03:08 PM
Your right, I forgot about that, Roxio also provides the engine for XP's built in burning capabilities.