Can't get Canon C3000 Printer to print

Old 09-12-05, 09:45 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Can't get Canon C3000 Printer to print

Hi,

I have a Canon C3000 printer/fax and am trying to use it to print from my computer (running Win98SE). I downloaded the C3000.exe installation program from Canon's website, but the program keeps locking up midway through installation. Therefore, it never gets fully installed and I can't print. Anyone know what's wrong??

Thanks,

greenda4

Old 09-12-05, 09:58 AM
R
Do you have the correct version for your operating system?

Old 09-12-05, 01:50 PM
S
Lightbulb

There only seems to be 2 programs available on the website. 1 for Win 3.1 and 1 for Win 95, 98, NT. The printer will not work with XP. The program I downloaded was for Win 95, 98, and NT. What can be wrong??

greenda4

Old 09-14-05, 03:57 PM
D
If you aren't already,

try disconnecting the parallel cable, completly removing/uninstalling the software. Next, reboot and try to re-install the software-with the printer still disconnected. Last, connect the cable-or when prompted by the software.

If this doesn't work, try one of the Canon printer drivers already built-into 98, you may find a driver that's compatible for printing. Without the right driver though, you may not be able to use the fax function.

I hope this helped!

Old 09-16-05, 07:09 PM
S
Lightbulb

I uninstalled the print driver and tried using the drivers in Win98 and when I try to 'Add printer', it asks me to insert the disk from the manufacturer, which I don't have. so I downloaded the driver from Canon's website, which I am having problems with. It is looking for a .dll file. This is driving me nuts...

greenda4

Old 09-16-05, 07:25 PM
tae
http://alpha03.c-wss.com/inc/ApplSer...nu=TR&TRF=MAIN

USSJ00101_EN_00

[OLEAUT32.DLL] appears
OLEAUT32.DLL is a (Windows) system file. If you are receiving errors that name the OLEAUT32 file, it is probably because the version currently in use by Windows is an older version than the one that the MultiPASS software needs. Steps to correct are similar, although you may see the error in two different situations.

If you have downloaded the MultiPASS drivers package from the internet and are trying to install it, and receive a message that the OLEAUT32.DLL file is the wrong version, perform the following steps:

1. Cancel the installation and close all running programs.

2. Restart the computer in DOS mode by selecting Start, Shut down, Restart in MS-DOS mode.

3. When the computer starts in the DOS mode, you should see the "C:\Windows>" prompt. Type "cd system" and press Enter.

4. For the C3000/C5000/L6000, at the "C:\Windows\System>" prompt type "copy c:\temp\xxxx\oleaut32.dll" (where xxxx refers to the model of MultiPASS you are installing -- see 'Folder containing MultiPASS files'), and then press Enter. You will be asked if you wish to overwrite the existing file, answer "Y".

For the C3500/C5500, at the "C:\Windows\System>" prompt type "copy c:\temp\xxxx\wrapper\oleaut32.dll" (where xxxx refers to the model of MultiPASS you are installing -- see section 'Folder containing MultiPASS files'), and then press Enter. You will be asked if you wish to overwrite the existing file, answer "Y".

5. When DOS tells you that the file has been copied, reboot your computer by typing "Exit" at the prompt, and pressing Enter.

6. When back in Windows, for all models except the C3000, start the MultiPASS installation by selecting Start, Run, and typing "C:\temp\xxxx\setup.exe" in the window, then clicking OK.

For the MultiPASS C3000, type "C:\temp\C3000\extract.exe" and click OK. When the extraction window appears, click on the button labeled Important: I have read the instructions, then on the button labeled Install from hard drive.

Folder containing MultiPASS files -
MultiPASS C3000 C3000

MultiPASS C5000 C5000

MultiPASS C3500 Mpc3500

MultiPASS C5500 Mpc5500

MultiPASS L6000 L6000

Return to Step 5

If the MultiPASS software is already installed, and you receive an error "Dtm98 linked to missing export Oleaut32.dll:420" when trying to open the MultiPASS Desktop Manager, perform the following steps:

1. Close the [MultiPASS Background] (C3000/C5000/L6000) or the MultiPASS Monitor (C3500/C5500) by right-clicking on the icon in the lower right corner of the screen and selecting Close.

2. Uninstall the MultiPASS software. With the C3000/C5000/L6000, go to Start, Programs, [Canon MultiPASS xxxx], and select the MultiPASS Uninstaller option. For the C3500/C5500, go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs, and Uninstall the MultiPASS Suite.

3. Reboot the computer. Close all unnecessary programs. Reinstall the MultiPASS software, using the instructions that came with your MultiPASS if installing from the CD-ROM. If installing from downloaded files, see step 6 above.

Note: During installation, you may be advised that some components are already installed. Click OK, then Next, to install the Desktop Manager.

4. Before attempting to use any of the MultiPASS Suite package, reboot the computer again to allow Windows to replace files which need updating.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...=40&Submit.y=7

Old 09-17-05, 09:08 AM
S
Lightbulb

Thanks for replying tae. That is not the .dll file that it is looking for. It is looking for a bjt032.dll file. do you know anying about that file??

Thanks,

greenda4

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: