Time for a PDA

Old 09-20-05, 03:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
Time for a PDA

I believe the time has come for me to get a PDA. I would like it to have a keyboard instead of using a stylus, I do not need it to be a phone and I would like to start relatively inexpensively. Any suggestions or am I dreaming that something like this exists?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-05, 09:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
I'm going to take the lack of response so far as an indication that I'm looking for something that doesn't exist. If cost is no longer a concern, is there anything that fits the bill other than a BlackBerry?

Old 09-21-05, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
jmc,

I have a HP 4700 - keyboards are available for most PDA's. I prefer not to have one. You have to determine what you are willing to spend and other accessories you desire. What I got was almost $600! Then a case - $60, then a car charger, etc. It adds up.

First question is - will you be using it enough to make it worthwhile to have one?

Second is Palm or Pocket PC - price differences here and for good reason. Operating systems are different.

Best thing to do is search the net. Here are a couple of links.

http://palmtops.about.com/cs/pdafact..._Pocket_PC.htm

http://pcworld.about.com/news/Aug212003id111825.htm

Good Luck!

Old 09-25-05, 06:30 AM
I have a Ipaq, and a optional keyboard that folds up to a compact size. Nice PDA. I wouldn't have purchased it though (company supplied it) because of the cost. But they are very good units.

Old 10-02-05, 03:09 PM
danh
Visiting Guest
i dont know if dell do one but be wary of the axim as we use them and if you let the battery run too low it does a factory reset and you lose whatever you had on there

Old 10-03-05, 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by danh
i dont know if dell do one but be wary of the axim as we use them and if you let the battery run too low it does a factory reset and you lose whatever you had on there
I have a Dell Axim and this is not an issue. Perhaps it is for older models, but not for the newer ones, at least not mine.