internet cut out

Old 10-08-05, 01:00 PM
K
krbailey
Visiting Guest
Red face internet cut out

I have Cable internet plus my Telephone in Cable I also have a router for 2 computers My question is the internet is working fine then all of a sudden it loses the wireless router and I have to go back in a reset ever thing up which is a pain So could it be the router going bad or the wires. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-05, 02:03 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
go back in a reset ever thing up
Do you mean that you have to restart the router by turning off its power or that you perform a hard reset to the default values of the router?

Old 10-08-05, 02:51 PM
S
it's possible there is either some software conflict with it, hince you mention reseting everything.

But it is likely that is it failing.

sporty

Old 10-08-05, 05:33 PM
C
CMS22
Visiting Guest
My question would be how long have you had the router? I had a similar problem where my modem and Linksys Router did not like each other. It was the modem from cable company. After switch the modem, problems stopped.

Old 11-05-05, 07:42 AM
K
krbailey
Visiting Guest
I've had the router for about 2 months now Yes the modem from the cable company I have the port magic that show the router is on and the network connection shows that it connected but it still cuts out will not let me go to web pages signs out of everything I have to use the refresh button alot it will give me the home page and when I type in to find something it will come up with those links but when I click on one if comes up with web page could not be found This happens about once an hour on a good day Also some days I have to unplug the power to the router and plug it back in to get the internet to work even if it says it's on

Old 11-05-05, 02:34 PM
R
Does this only happen with wireless connections? Some wireless routers default to closing the wireless connections after some period of time, like an hour.

Old 11-05-05, 03:47 PM
M
Internet Drops

You need to be sure you have the latest firmware in your routers. This is not an uncommon problem seen on linksys forums. Many times it is due to old firmware, sometimes the ewason is not found at all.

I have just been working on the exact problem on a Linksys where they had to power down the router several times a day due to lost connections. The model they had was using old firmware. An upgrade fixed their problems.

If that is not the case call Linksys support and they will either give you some things to try or I have heard in some cases replace the router.