hjt/coyote

Old 10-30-05, 10:07 AM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
hjt/coyote

After learning how to post my hjt in the coyote forum I stopped before doing so as I saw a notice about id/bank theft.
Does anyone have reliable information re this subject?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-05, 03:57 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
look here and click on the links after reading the page.i didn't read it but you can.

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.ph...unce&f=27&id=5

The dslreport.com site is one of my favorites. Loads of useful info on a lot of stuff.

Old 10-31-05, 08:41 AM
P
coyote

I read that before and it announces id theft has occured but it was confusing to me as to whether it was safe now or not.

Old 10-31-05, 08:00 PM
tae
Please Note that Sunbelt Software has investigated this URL and has found that a user now receives ISTbar. ISTbar installs with mediatickets, 180 solutions, and Internet optimizer which are definitely undesirable. This is no longer a link to the keylogger stealing Identity Information.

posting your log only would show if you have the keylogger infection, it wont make you vulnerable.

Old 11-01-05, 08:25 AM
P
hijackthis

Originally Posted by tae
Please Note that Sunbelt Software has investigated this URL and has found that a user now receives ISTbar. ISTbar installs with mediatickets, 180 solutions, and Internet optimizer which are definitely undesirable. This is no longer a link to the keylogger stealing Identity Information.

posting your log only would show if you have the keylogger infection, it wont make you vulnerable.
>>Bear with me-So the above undesirables(are not bad for me) are what a keylogger does not want which makes the site safe for me to post my hijackthis results?

Old 11-01-05, 07:34 PM
tae
posting your log wont give you anything. it will only show if you are infected already. and, as it said, the keylogger that was out there taking the banking info, is no longer there, it's istbar, but that doesnt mean someone doesnt have the keylogger still.

a keylogger is just that...a program (on your computer) that will basically copy all the keystrokes someone makes. typically for this type, it would then send the logs to an email address. the person at the email address would then be able to read the logs and have your information.

the site was never unsafe. they just became aware of the keylogger, and wanted people to go back into the archives, and look at peoples hjt logs so they could tell them if they had the keylogger.

make more sense?

Old 11-02-05, 09:14 AM
P
keylogger

It is clearer-what does the acronym istbar mean?
Personally I never posted my information so between that and all the a/v scans, spy scans etc etc I have run would you say I'm not affected?

Old 11-02-05, 05:37 PM
tae
istbar:http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ISTbar.html

Personally I never posted my information so between that and all the a/v scans, spy scans etc etc I have run would you say I'm not affected?
posting the info in the hjt logs is irrelevant.doesnt matter.you arent gonna get anything from posting the text file.

just because you run scans etc. does not mean you wont be affected/infected by/from something. depends on what all you do with the computer and on the internet. taking the basic precautions is a good start.

Old 11-03-05, 05:45 AM
P
key logger

Thanx for the reference; it seemed to indicate spybot s+d and adaware would remove problems like those listed.
Is there any way to detect if a key logger has installed a program in your machine?
Apppreciate your support.