Will Not Print the Color BLUE

Old 11-07-05, 02:28 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Will Not Print the Color BLUE

hpdeskjet 960c will not print the color blue.

If I choose blue as the font color it prints pink. If I download a color scene the colors are incorrect, there is a light pink tint overlay, no blue, and the green is off-color, I'm assuming because of the lack of blue.
I installed a new color cartridge but the problem persists.

I do have a spare printer to try, but I have to buy cartridges for it (Lexmark).

Thanks for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-05, 02:51 PM
R
If you have tried a new cartridge then there is a problem with the printer. You may or may not be able to fix it. You may or may not want to fix it.

Old 11-07-05, 03:18 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 93 Votes on 82 Posts
No insult intended here, but have you checked to see if it's out of blue ink?

Old 11-08-05, 02:10 AM
M
Wink No Blue

I did some research on this and actually found som e other listings on forums for this exact problem on that printer. If I recall when the ink is low there is a warning light that flashes on that printer. If that light is not flashing you probably are not out of ink.

There are a couple of things to try. Take out the color cartridge and use a damp cloth and make sure electrical contacts on the back of the cartridge are clean. Dry them thouroughly after wiping and do not touch with your fingers. Some people use alcohol but water works best as the inks are water based and clean up nicely with water.

I saw several reports of batches of HP color cartridges that were defective, usually missing yellow but other reports were found.

I assume you have done a cartridge cleaning cycle especially if the printer sits for long perieods of time between printing. You might have to do this several times to clear a clogged print head.

Good Luck