website set up

Old 11-16-05, 01:25 PM
joecozz
Visiting Guest
website set up

I'm thinking about starting up a small web based business and would like to know if there's a do it yourself website software package that would allow me to create my own site and have it reach as many potential customers as possible (search engine capability)...as a small start up, with unknown success, keeping costs down would be key. What cost am I looking at? I know there are freebee sites out there thru Yahoo and the like but nobody can find you unless they know the URL. I want to set up a "real" site with credit card order capabilities. I'm not a computer pro but can certainly do alot on my own.

Old 11-17-05, 11:41 PM
tae
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
actually, yahoo is a pretty good place to start.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/merchant/

everything you are looking for. you will need your own merchant account( for credit cards) or paypal account, and if you do a little homework,you can find what "keywords" to put in your site, and where, to help increase search engine hits.http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resou...id=36&aid=2707

using ebay and bidchaser to sell products, and having a link back to your store also helps. You could also buy ads from some "paid to read" email types places. guaranteed so many views for so many dollars.

of course, the more you spend,(read more professional) the better your chances for success. it's like any other business, the key is putting your dollars in the right place. Check out what your competitors are doing, and make sure you can go them one better.

Old 11-18-05, 03:03 AM
M
website

I don't know who your ISP is but many now offer free web site space as part of your deal when using them. My ISP offers a rather large amount of space, easily enough for a small business site. Some even have site creation templates to help you get started.

Old 11-18-05, 04:42 AM
R
However, most ISPs will not allow the web space given to non-business customers to be used for commercial purposes. Check your agreement before going this route.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: