2 issues

Old 11-19-05, 08:07 AM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
2 issues

I have xp sp2 updated, spybot,adaware,firewall, virs scan(ran in safe mode)-have run all programs but still see in log:

1- 11/19/05 appl critical outgoing tcp www.macromedia.com 216.204.212

Application Hijacking has been detected
The application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash\GetFlash.exe try to launch another application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe to go to remote host www.macromedia.com

Should I trace this in windows explorer and delete it?

2- the same applies to: severity 10 ad.doubleclick.net outgoing tcp 216.73.86.182 216.73.87.181

My programs are not removing these so would hijack this be the next step or is there another way to handle these; my concern is that they are outgoing so must be residing in my pc.

Old 11-19-05, 08:13 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peterr
1- 11/19/05 appl critical outgoing tcp www.macromedia.com 216.204.212

Application Hijacking has been detected
The application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash\GetFlash.exe try to launch another application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe to go to remote host www.macromedia.com
Flash Player and Shockwave Player are programs available from Macromedia. YOu apparently clicked on and downloaded getflash.exe which is trying to connect to macromedia.com to download the flash player. You decided (whether you realize it or not) that you wanted to install flash player.

Originally Posted by peterr
2- the same applies to: severity 10 ad.doubleclick.net outgoing tcp 216.73.86.182 216.73.87.181
A great many web sites connect to advertising servers to play ads. You didn't give enough information here to know what the exact problem is, so I can't comment on this one.

Old 11-19-05, 08:42 AM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by racraft
Flash Player and Shockwave Player are programs available from Macromedia. YOu apparently clicked on and downloaded getflash.exe which is trying to connect to macromedia.com to download the flash player. You decided (whether you realize it or not) that you wanted to install flash player.

>> My isp had a little message at the top just after I wrote prompting users to install flashplayer-Spyblaster has a special >tools>flashkiller that removes it upon broadcast.

A great many web sites connect to advertising servers to play ads. You didn't give enough information here to know what the exact problem is, so I can't comment on this one.
>>My traffic log(Sygate) said the following: "severity 10, outgoing tcp,ad.doubleclick.net[216.73.86.182] My concern was that it was outgoing so must reside in my pc. I thought I should remove it It since changed the suffix-last 5#'s to 87.151
As you can tell I'm a bit over my head but have to ask to learn-Thank you again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: