parental control

Old 11-22-05, 09:30 AM
joecozz
Visiting Guest
parental control

Like most parents of teens out there I have the problem of monitoring internet use. I'm not as much concerned with where she's surfing (mostly my space and AOL instant messaging) as I am about the time she spends on the computer in general. I think my daughter spends entirely too much time on-line. I've set time rules which, unless I'm on top of her 100%, are hard to enforce all of the time. I've purchased parental control software (MacAfee) but it was a bit too inflexible and somehow stopped working???? I was thinking of a physical barrier to shut down the computer at a set time...much like an electrical timer but a tamper proof one...but don't know if such a device exists. Question is...does anyone have a really good solution out there??? Is there a really good software or hard device out there??? I want to be able to set the time rules and have the computer automatically shut down when I want.

Old 11-22-05, 10:24 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Assuming Windows XP, just configure her account with a password and then make her log out after her time is up. The password and even the most rudimentary logging software (built into most routers) will help you limit her on-line time.

Old 11-22-05, 01:49 PM
tae
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: