check your Etrust

Old 11-25-05, 08:19 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
check your Etrust

I put the question first since it is a long post.

The question is this. I was instructed by support to uninstall both the antivirus and the firewall then delete all mention of both in the registry, THEN ACCESS THE INTERNET IN SAFE MODE.

Here is the pertinent part.[Safe mode]

1. Go to https://www.my-etrust.com
2. Click on Members Login
3. Enter your e-mail Id and password
4. Click Login
5. Click on "My Order History"
6. Click on "Move" button in front of eTrust EZ Antivirus / Personal Firewall
7. Click on Download latest version of : eTrust EZ Antivirus / Personal Firewall

Why I cant do this before I uninstall the software and do everthing offline is beyond me. Do you think this is safe to do? I have emailed suppot,and am awaiting a reply. I don't know if I will do it just because he says to.

Reason for question follows.

Well I though all was well,but it ain't. Seems Etrust has at least 1 problem that they do not let you know about. After installing both the anti virus and their firewall[zonealarm] thinking all was ok I went my merry way.

I think it is appropriate to say here that I was much more happy with the Norton antivirus and firewall. Both worked flawlessly,and I notice no increase in speed with Norton uninstalled. I do notice many redirects and annoying things like that. It is much more work to surf the net now

The problem is with the truevector engine. Problematic since forever. Just google ---"Truevector +zonealarm"---,with or without the quotes.

The antivirus updates a lot and the firewall has me invisible on the net,but those pesky errors in the event viewer every time you boot,and starting the day I installed them. I think it is correcting itself by replacing a corrupted file with a good backup ,but who really knows what those errors mean.

I used to visit the event viewer a lot ,but not for a while now. I will go back to checking it much more often,especially after an important install.

Now i have a lot of work to do uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting things in the registry, exporting the registry.

Last edited by joneq; 11-26-05 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-26-05, 10:13 AM
tae
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
http://crm.my-etrust.com/CIDocument....6C1E11B34F4AF6

from their knowledge base linked above, i did not see anywhere to uninstall first. in fact, it said it should be installed as an upgrade if you dont have the latest version. now,to your problem. you should be able to download the files first,then disconnect from the net, do your uninstall and reinstall.

you do not have to have zonealarm. there are other firewalls out there. good and free. same with antivirus also. try them all out and see which one you like better. just look here: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=157468

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: