firewall

Old 12-06-05, 12:10 PM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
firewall

I have Mcafee's firewall free as a Comcast subscriber.
Problem-when you want to install it you go to their site and it's an all in one download and insatll online. If I have just reinstalled my o.s. or some other software work, I have to disable the win xp sp2 firewall and I'm open to attack.
Is there a way to get a firewall downloaded while the xp firewall is enabled then when I get off line I can disable the xp one and install the new one from the desktop.
Any ideas appreciated-maybe I'm making something ez, difficult so I could use an ez idea. Even with the xp beta you have to disable while online to initiate the download/install so you are still open to a virus.
Thank you.

Old 12-06-05, 01:16 PM
z71offroad
Visiting Guest
I really do not think there is a way around it. But an easy try is to dowload the info to your comp. save to disk. And if you are really worried about an attack when you have your firewall down. Disconnect you Internet and install the program/update. This might work but, that would be my trial and error that I would use if you are worried that much. If it doesn't work then I would have to assume that the millions of people such as I, just have the system turn off the firewall and then install the program according to the propmts that are provided by the software mfg. and continue on with your chores.

Old 12-06-05, 01:35 PM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
firewall

I feel better knowing I'm not missing something and have a lot of company.
Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: