Adobe Reader corrupt file

Old 01-05-06, 11:12 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adobe Reader corrupt file

Lately, I have been trying to download Acrobat Reader 6.0 and at the end of the download I get a message that says the downloaded file is corrupt and to try again later. I am downloading from the Adobe web site. The download takes about an hour and a half, and right at the last minute. I get the message. I am assuming the problem is with the Adobe Download Manager, but uninstalling it and starting over hasn't helped, and I can't find a way to download the reader without it. Has anyone else run into this? And how did you solve it, if you did? Thanks in advance as always. My os is ms 98se

Old 01-05-06, 02:17 PM
bemace
Visiting Guest
If it takes that long, I'm guessing you're on dialup. Are you being disconnected before the download is complete? Maybe it disconnects when the screensaver comes on, or your ISP disconnects you when it thinks you're idle?

Old 01-05-06, 03:04 PM
T
You may also try downloading the full installer directly, instead of through the download manager:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...5_enu_full.exe

Old 01-05-06, 03:27 PM
C
techslave is right. However, you need to follow this link for Acrobat 6, since you cannot install Acrobat 7 (which techslaves link would download) on a 98se system:

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...M_enu_full.exe

Old 01-05-06, 04:06 PM
M
Yes i am on dial up. i do not have screensaver enabled, and i am not loosing my connection. (although my isp is not the best, its the only game in town, cable is not available out in the country in our area) i will try the download links and see if that helps. i will post back after i have tried.

Old 01-07-06, 04:09 AM
M
thanks all for your help. i downloaded ie6, then followed chirkwares link, I had ie 5.5. adobe 6 works only with ie6. thanks again

Old 01-07-06, 05:05 PM
C
Maymay, it just may, may be time for you to upgrade your system. lol

(Sorry, couldn't help it.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: