tapes to dvd...what do i need(software&hardware)

Old 01-21-06, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tapes to dvd...what do i need(software&hardware)

im interested in picking up a software program which would allow me to transffer vhs or other tape formats to dvd. is there hardware id need to transfer w out the camcorder meaning just the tape what alll will i need in general to convert tape formats to high quality dvds using a computer....

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-06, 05:43 AM
You need something to play the tapes, such as a VCR. You need a video input card for the PC. You need the appropriate cables between the two, and then software on the PC to capture the video and create the files. Then you need software to create the DVD.

Old 01-21-06, 07:50 AM
Along with what racraft said..

Windows Movie Maker can capture the video (comes with XP) and Nero's suite can take that video and convert to dvd, even helps make menus and such.

If you don't want to invest in a video input card, RCA to USB converters are available for the video, then just pipe the sound to the audio input of your sound card.

I just did that last week with some old 8mm movies that were put on VHS, I took that and put it on DVD so it will last longer and be easier to watch.