Interesting Project

Old 01-21-06, 11:48 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Interesting Project

Ok now Im not sure if this in the right forum or if it is even possible to do, but I will ask anyways, but if it is in the wrong place, mods could you please move it? I have a spare wireless mouse that I never you, and I would like to try something...............well rather interesting. Since it sends and receives signal, is there anyway I can modify it to send and receive video signal? Basicly what I want to do is make wired video camera's wireless, but since Im just messing around Im not going to go out and by a kit to make them wireless, I would rather build my own. As I said Im not even sure if this is possible, but any help would be great

Old 01-22-06, 03:39 PM
C
No, for a number of reasons;

The bandwith the transmitter is too narrow.
it is digital.
Depending on the frequencies used, video might not be allowed there.
It is likely "illegal" under the FCC, to modify the transmitting properties of the device.

If you are going to build your own trasnmitter, you at least need to learn how to do high UHF engineering at 900 Mhz plus.

Old 01-23-06, 07:38 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by griffelkin2002
Ok now Im not sure if this in the right forum or if it is even possible to do, but I will ask anyways, but if it is in the wrong place, mods could you please move it? I have a spare wireless mouse that I never you, and I would like to try something...............well rather interesting. Since it sends and receives signal, is there anyway I can modify it to send and receive video signal? Basicly what I want to do is make wired video camera's wireless, but since Im just messing around Im not going to go out and by a kit to make them wireless, I would rather build my own. As I said Im not even sure if this is possible, but any help would be great
Honestly, unless you are just looking for something to do, wireless cameras are pretty cheap, about $90 for the X10 models.

Old 01-23-06, 10:18 AM
G
Originally Posted by Pendragon
Honestly, unless you are just looking for something to do, wireless cameras are pretty cheap, about $90 for the X10 models.
yeah Im pretty much just looking something to do and tinker with.

Old 01-23-06, 05:28 PM
tae
you can make a pretty crappy hand scanner with a mouse.
http://sprite.student.utwente.nl/~je...ects/mouseeye/

imagine,video.....

Old 01-23-06, 05:59 PM
G
Originally Posted by tae
you can make a pretty crappy hand scanner with a mouse.
http://sprite.student.utwente.nl/~je...ects/mouseeye/

imagine,video.....
ha ha thats not to bad, If I ever need something like this I will Def try it. See I get really bored when I cant sleep. so my mind goes nuts and I want to try and make things that I need.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: