wireless connection setup issue

Old 01-23-06, 05:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question wireless connection setup issue

I'm having trouble with the wireless connection setup for my kids computer. It is running the XP Personal OS. When it starts up the icon in the system tray says "Wireless Network Connection is now connected" and "Signal Strength: Excellent". But then it says "The connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. For more information, click the message.". When I click the message it bring up the "Wireless Network Connection Status dialog" which says: "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer." When I press the Repair button a dialog cycles through messages that include: Disable, enable, connect, renew, and others that display too fast for me to capture. Then it says "Windows finished repairing your connection. You can try connection again." and all is well.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this so the Connection will work after startup without the repair process?

Thanks for any and all help with this.

Andy

Old 01-23-06, 07:55 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Configure the router for DHCP or assign the compuiter a hard coded IP address..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: