Missing Items/I.E. & O.E. on Program on the desktop

Old 01-23-06, 06:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Missing Items/I.E. & O.E. on Program on the desktop

Hi:
There are two missing items on the program when I clicking on Start on the
left corner of the screen. Two VERY critical items are Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. All other items, such as 'Word,' 'Accessories,' and 'Adobe' are on the program when click 'Start.'

How can I recover those missing items, I.E. and O.E. on the Program of the desktop?

I recall that both of items, O.E. and I.E. sitting on the program when I started to use this computer. For some reason, they disappeared for no reason.
BTW, I access I.E. or O.E. by clicking 'Icons' created on the desktop, but I still need those, because both are significant to me.

Any help would be grateful.

Old 01-23-06, 07:53 AM
R
If the programs are still loaded and run properly, you can recreate the desktop icons by find the programs on the start menu, and then by right clicking on the start menu and selecting "Send To->Desktop (create shortcut)".

If the programs are no longer installed at all, or if they are corrupted, then you will need to reinstall them from your original Windows CD.

I will make another suggestion. Don't use Outlook Express. Use some other, any other, email program. outlook Express is poorly written, full of security flaws, and plain junk. It's free for a reason.

Old 01-23-06, 05:13 PM
tae
drag your icon on the desktop over to the start button, and release the mouse button. It should now be in the start menu.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: