my toshiba satalite wont read the cdrom

Old 01-24-06, 06:27 PM
rcg
Visiting Guest
my toshiba satalite wont read the cdrom

I hope somebody can help clear up this problem. I bought a used toshiba satallite 1135-s1125. There is no system restore disk with the unit. and actually it wouldn't help at this point anyway since the computer wont read cds. It worked right along but error messages kept popping up and asked if I wanted to delete the program. Which I did.I dont actually know what program it was talking about but, I'm afraid it could have been the cd driver. Later I tried to upload a program the cd drive runs but, it wont upload. (I tried other disks and music cds and none of them seem to work either) the up load wizard cant find the cd drive. When I click on my computer the cd rom picture isnt there. Thats another reason I wonder if I deleted the cd driver. What do you think? What do I do to get this thing running? Any help is really appreciated! RCG

Old 01-24-06, 07:05 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Make sure you run a spyware/malware scan or 3 and antivirus scan.
toshiba link for your model: (if it doesnt time out)
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ceghdgngdgnn.0

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320553

Or you could try this:
) Open the command prompt (start->run, type cmd and click ok)
2) Type in diskpart and hit enter.
3) type list volume at the prompt. this will list ALL the drives/partitions that are attatched to the computer, not just the ones windows recognizes.
4) type in select volume #, where # is the number of the volume you want to modify.
5) now, from here you can do two things, remove letter=x or assign letter=x, where x is the drive letter you want to assign/remove (and i hope you know which command does which).
6) your drive should now appear in my computer and be accessible from the drive letter you specified.

Old 01-24-06, 08:07 PM
rcg
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info. I didnt get very far though. except I didnt see a driver for D:drive. (after I did the start cmd thing) And I went to the toshiba web site but, I didnt see anything to do with cd rom drives. I probaly better take it to a computer repair person before I screw it up worse than it is. Thanks for the help RCG

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: