Win. 2000 and Win. 2000

Old 02-01-06, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Win. 2000 and Win. 2000

Big problem here.
I had a program on "D" drive which was in Windows 2000 that I wanted to uninstall.
I went to the control panel and removed it. At times it said that there were shared files that could hurt others (maby). I blew them away anyway.

I went to Netscape to get on line, but it could not find it. I had this problem before. I had to reinstall Win. 2000 then and it worked. This time I went to do it again and what it did this time was start a new win. 2000.
I got thru a lot of the installing before I realized what was happning. I stopped it before it ended.

I now have 2 OS and 1/2; one is 98se in C dr. and the second is 2000 Pro. in D dr. Then there is the third which is part of 2000 Pro. in ? dr.

How do I get rid of it because it wants to continue to install with out the CD in?

I was trying to install over the existing 2000, but that is what happened.

HELP AGAIN

Don

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-06, 05:33 AM
You cannot reverse what you already did.

Old 02-03-06, 08:48 AM
Talking aaaawhat if

Does one know, that if I go ahead and finish the loading of the second 2000, will it be on the same drive that the first one is on (as a different one) or will it over write the first one?

Don

Old 02-05-06, 08:42 AM
Thumbs down It over wrote it

It over wrote over the existing one but did not solve my problem this time. Not only that it (don't ask me) removed or hide one of my partitions in my windows 98 control panel. Like "E" moved to "D", "F" moved to "E", "G" moved to "F" and "H" moved to "G". "H" is gone ???? "C" is ok!
Has anyone had a problem like this before and if so what can i do?
Windows 2000 is ok except I still can't get on the net.

Now here is another ? Can I get windows XP and overwrite windows 2000 Pro. with out any problems and still have my other OS 98 SE?

Up the creek with out a canoe. Sinking fast.

Don

Old 02-07-06, 01:33 AM
Can I get windows XP and overwrite windows 2000 Pro. with out any problems and still have my other OS 98 SE?
In theory, yes, but not recommended.

Your best bet is to save all of your important data files, format the drive and install a clean copy of XP.

It's never a good idea to install a good OS on top of a bad, or corrupted one...IMO