Printing Post Cards - photo looks blurry and dark

Old 02-15-06, 01:44 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Printing Post Cards - photo looks blurry and dark

I知 trying to print some post card advertisements for my business. The card looks good on paper, but when printed on a cover/card stock, the photo (bitmap) looks blurry and dark. I知 assuming I need a smoother and/or coated stock to get a good print. But, I want to get some advice before I waste more time and money experimenting with various card stocks.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-15-06, 03:21 PM
R
I think you're going to have to experiment with different cardstocks... Is it just a plain cardstock or something specific? I remember trying to do up signage for stores and such, they had to use specific laser printers to get a good print.

Try another printer if you can, some printers can only handle simple paper. My laser has a hard time just running business cards thru.

Old 02-15-06, 04:22 PM
B
I think you'll find that a local printer can do a much better job and for less money. I get ink and paper at a discount and its still cheaper to have it done by a printer. Look up a mom & pop printer in your town.

If you insist on doing it yourself, at least use good photo software and good paper stock. Don't print it as a bitmap. Part of the problem is the card stock. Home printers will do better using photo paper because of the way the ink is applied to the stock.

Old 02-28-06, 04:59 PM
W
I知 sure a printer could do a better job.

For the time being, I知 stuck with a bitmap photo that I downloaded. Don稚 know how to convert it to another/better format.

I was successful getting some good black & white prints with my laser printer and HP 澱rochure paper.

I would like to have some color postcards printed. I値l see a professional printer for the color prints. Even if I could get good color print myself, my color inkjet printer is much too slow.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-06, 08:11 AM
I
If you are running windows, you can convert the .bmp to .jpeg using microsoft paint. Open the .bmp file in Paint and go to File > Save As. Change the "Save as type" field to JPEG file interchange format. Click save. This will save it as a JPEG. You can also save it as a GIF using the same method.

-Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: