HP scanner not working, help........

Old 02-17-06, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HP scanner not working, help........

I have a HP Scan Jet 4200C. Every morning when I would start the computer, the light would come on inside the scanner, it would do a practice scan, then it was ready to go. I started the computer this morning, the scanner light came on, it sounds like it wants to do a practice scan, makes the noise like it want to, but won't. Now it won't let me scan anything and I don't know if its broke or maybe something is stuck inside. Can anyone help me out?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-06, 01:22 PM
jdeanth
Visiting Guest
I use to have a cannon scanner sometimes wont start when turned on. I had to unplug it for a couple of minutes then plug it back in. It started working ok after that.

Old 02-17-06, 04:55 PM
HP scanner not working, help........

If you cannot find a physical problem get on the hp site and make sure you have the beast registered.

I had a problem getting my hp 4670 scanner installed and working properly with my new desktop machine. I got to the service chat area for the scanner and had 3 long on-line chats over three days trying things and going through trials and changes and routines. After each session I received a complete copy of every step within an hour or so of the end of the session despite them telling me to print and save a copy. The shortest was about 1 hour!! They were patient and very helpful adding and modifying drivers, but it now works perfectly.

I wish it was not necessary, but they did the job well.

I now feel better about buying their equipment. - Before this, I never liked the hardware, but ended up buying it for one reason or another. This has changed my opinion.

Dick

Old 02-17-06, 06:53 PM
Try this, ... if it works

Hi:
Mine is all-in-one, one of its features is 'scan,' then it might be a bit difference from yours. However, in my case, I used the following procedure
to cure the problem.

(1) first, 'uninstall' all of printer/scanner's software by using Add/Remove

(2) Next, when the computer 'restart,' put the CD and re-install
"without" hooking-up scanner/printer

(3) When the computer prompted the scanner/printer to 'connect,'
use 'very first USB' located right under the port of 'Monitor' cable.

Note) If connected the scanner/printer with second or third USB, the problem started, ... Didn't work at all.

In my case, afterwards both printers working REALLY well.