memory card?

Old 02-26-06, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
memory card?

my girlfriend has an 4 year old computer and we are having trouble downloading aol9.0...not enough memory it says....if i update the memory card will i have to reload the whole computer with windows and drivers,etc....thanks for the help...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-06, 05:40 PM
Not enough memory or hard drive space?

Have you filled up the hard drive or does it tell you there is not enough memory? How much memory do you have? What operating system?

To answer your question, if you upgrade your memory, you will not have to do a thing as far as reloading software. If it is your hard drive that is full and you have to upgrade that (before you would do that, you can probably clean a ton of stuff off the drive to reclaim space), most come with software that let you clone your drive on a new drive without reloading any software.

Before you do anything, though, make sure you understand the error (drive or memory).

Old 02-26-06, 06:35 PM
AOL? Are you serious? There are still people who use AOL?

I agree, make sure that you understand the error.

Being able to download software has nothing to do with memory and everything to do with hard drive space. If you have enough memory to download anything then you have enough memory to download a large file, no matter how large.

Now installing something is another story. If you are trying to run software to install some software, the software you are running may want more memory.

Old 02-26-06, 11:57 PM
tae
If you just need to replace a memory chip to give you more ram, it's a simple do it yourself thing, and should not affect your windows in any way.

AOL 9.0 Security Edition - System Requirements

1. Windows 98 or higher
2. 32 MB RAM minimum (64 recommended)
3. 205 MB (megabytes) of free hard drive space minimum, depending on your Windows operating system, and an additional 90 MB if you need to install Internet Explorer 6.0.
4. Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (For Windows ME, 5.5)
5. 166 MHz Pentium class processor or higher
6. VGA, SVGA or better display
7. 800x600 screen resoulution or higher, 1024x768 for optimal viewing
8. 28.8 Kbps or faster modem or other means of Internet connection

or:

What are the technical requirements for AOL 9.0?

The minimum system requirements for installing AOL 9.0 on your PC are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME or Windows XP.
Processor: Pentium-class; minimum speed as recommended for your operating system (e.g. 266MHz or above for Windows XP)
RAM: 64 MB or above (128MB recommended).
Hard disk space: 128 MB or above
Screen resolution: 800x600 and 256 colours or greater
Connection: Any of the following: 28.8 Kbps modem or faster; Broadband (DSL or cable); ISDN; or TCP/IP (LAN connections)

or:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR AOL 9.0 OPTIMIZED
- Pentium-class processor 166 MHz or higher
- 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- Between 420 - 440 MB of free hard drive space to install 9.0 Optimized depending on your Windows operating system, and up to an additional 81 MB if you need to install a new version of Internet Explorer
- VGA, SVGA or better display
- 800x600 screen resolution (minimum), 1024x768 for optimal viewing
- 28.8 Kbps or faster modem or other means of an Internet connection
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher