Ms Updates2

Old 03-29-06, 08:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ms Updates2

I installed a new 80 GB HD and I will use my old HD of 40 GB as a backup of my files. I re install XP Home but how about the MS Updates (I have 45 under the Windows\$hf_mig$ directory). I donít want to use my backup because of all the clatter which has been accumulated there over the years. Is there a way to re install the updates from my system or I have to download them again from the MS site? When I visited this site it tells me that I have 37 critical, 12 software and 3 hardware updates to download. Thank you

Old 03-29-06, 11:43 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear there is problems with the updates, the service pack 2 has some flaws that you may not want to deal with. Maybe someone else, can expand on just what the trade offs are.

Ps. Go to CNET they may be able to help answer your question.

Old 03-30-06, 06:45 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to download the updates from the Microsoft site. Do not bypass the steps. You need the updates.

While there are sometimes issues with Microsoft updates when they are first released, they generally resolve them quickly. Service Pack 2 and the other updates, especially any labeled critical, are fine. This is especially true if you already used them and had no issues with them.

In the future, one way to lessen the problems with reinstallation is to use an installation disk for the service packs. For service packs, Microsoft usually releases a CD, which is available for free or sometimes a minimal cost. You can also burn your own CD when you download the service pack. Then, save the CD for the next time you need to reinstall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: