printer problems

Old 05-06-06, 04:58 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question printer problems

This is a question about a printer I bought at a yard sale. It was so cheap I,m embarrassed to tell you what I paid for it. lol. Anyway, it comes on fine. I downloaded the software that came with it and a window popped up telling me my driver wasn,t compatible with my printer. What is that? Did I do or not do something I should have? Can you buy those separatly? If it will be more costly to buy a new driver, I may just get a new printer. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-06, 05:09 PM
either you downloaded the wrong driver or the printer is malfunctioning

you need to get the exact driver for the printer one with a close model muber wont work

try deleting the driver you loaded and go to the site and be sure you get the exact driver for that printer .

Old 05-06-06, 05:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Make sure the driver is for the OS you're using..
Win95 drivers won't work with WinXP..

Old 05-09-06, 07:31 PM
Hidden Printer Costs

Hate to bring this up but you really have to be careful purchasing old printers. With many finding the consumables (ink cartridges, print heads, toner cartridges, print drums, laser fusers, transfer rollers, etc) can be an expensive and time consuming task. Often buying a set of replacement inkjet cartridges will cost almost as much as a new printer, You can defray some of this cost by getting one of those refiller kits buts manufacturers are embedding chips to identify refrubished and refilled consumables discouraging their use.

The money in printers is not in selling the hardware but is selling the consumables. This is why Dell got into them