Downloading songs to Mix-stick with SD memory card

Old 05-07-06, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Downloading songs to Mix-stick with SD memory card

Hello,

I am trying to download additional songs to my daughter's Disney mix-stick audio device. I purchased a 512 MB Sd card from Officedepot in order to have more memory. However, I am having trouble downloading songs to the mix-stick. I get the error, "Out of memory-no space".

Anyone familiar with either the mix-stick or SD memory cards?

Thanks,

Joey

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-06, 07:00 AM
That error sounds like you have reached the capacity of the storage in the mix-stick. From some quick research the mix-stick has 128mb of internal memory. With the additional 512mb SD card, you should have a total of ~640mb. With the SD card installed in the player, plug it into the USB port on your computer. Open "My Computer" and right-click on "removable storage." Go to properties and see what the size of the drive is. If it is 640mb, you have simply filled both the built in storage and the sd card. If the size is 128mb, the mix stick is not recognizing the sd card. The sd card may need to be formatted outside of the mix-stick.

As a side note, what version of windows do you have and how do you normally transfer files to the mix stick? Also, if you haven't already done so, take a look in the manual. Here is an
online copy.
http://ads.hopperinc.com/pdfdocs/om/DDA8040-CAROM.pdf

-Mike
"Hail to the king, baby."

Old 05-08-06, 07:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Page 27 of 86

Formatting the Player
1. Connect the player to the computer.
2. Double click on My Computer, right click the
"Removable Disk" and left click on "Format".
3. At the "Format" window, select "FAT32" from
the file system pull-down menu, then click start
to format the unit (see figure to the right).
NOTE: Make sure you have selected "FAT32" at
the file system pull-down menu, otherwise after
formatting, the player will not work properly.
4. Click OK to confirm and the player will start to
format.
5. When finished, click "Close" to close the
Format window.

Old 05-08-06, 06:37 PM
perhaps the mix-stick needs to format the stick so it can install the songsthe way it likes...check with the program you are using for installing the songs normally without the SD memory and see if there is an option for adding a SD Memory card...i know it sounds stupid but check the owners manual...issue like this most likely is a common problem that they already thought of and came up with a solution in the troubleshooting pages...good luck

didn't see the previous post...definetly go with that idea..sounds like a winner

Old 05-09-06, 06:17 AM
Just a quick warning, formatting the player will erase any songs you already have stored on it. If the only copy of the song is on the player, not a good idea, you will lose it. Make sure you have all of the songs on your computer as well before you format the player.

-Mike
"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures."

Old 05-28-06, 07:12 PM
Disney mix stix

Thanks Ironhead,

When I select, "my computer", the disney mix stix is listed under the e: drive, and the 512 MB SD memory card is under the f: drive. I normally use MS Windows Media to load songs to the mix stix. I attempted to load songs directly to the f: SD card drive with no luck.

Is there a way to get the mix stix to recognize the card? or anyway to download songs directly to the card?

Thanks,

Joey

Old 05-30-06, 06:11 PM
There is a little switch on the SD card that locks it so you can't add or remove files, just like on a diskette.. See what position it is in..

Old 05-30-06, 06:58 PM
Perhams the mix-stick will merge memories when it is in player mode. Put some music files on the SD card and see.

Old 05-31-06, 09:28 AM
lock mode/save music file

Thanks Axl and classic,

The SD card is in the unlocked position. In response to classic, I am unable to download music files to the SD card?

Thanks,

Joey

Old 05-31-06, 10:46 AM
You can direct ANY download to be stored on an SD card, as long as it will fit..

Old 06-04-06, 07:37 PM
SD memory card problems

Axl,

I was able to download songs/files to the SD card via the F: drive. I am able to view these files, however when I attempt to play the files using Windows media player they do not play?

I am using Windows media player for loading all songs on the Disney mix stick. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joey

Old 06-05-06, 03:22 AM
That simply "Does not compute".. MP should play the files no matter where they are..
I know this must be frustrating for you, and I hope this can be resolved soon..