printer problem

Old 06-01-06, 06:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
printer problem

My HP 7350 ink printer has started to make a noise like a gear might be slipping, or is just plain bad. Doesn't do it all the when i print. Noise happens when paper is feeding during printing. Ink carriage is quiet and documents come out o.k.
Is this thing worth fixing,or just buy a new one.

Old 06-01-06, 06:43 AM
R
Generally speaking, the cost of taking an ink jet printer somewhere to be repaired makes it not worth it.

While it might be cheap enough for you to repair, unless you have ever done something like this, it's also probably not worth attempting.

I suggest you use it until it completely dies and then replace it, preferably with a laser printer.

Old 06-01-06, 07:31 AM
Thanks for your reply. I agree to just run it till it doesn't work any more. I know a big issue with inkjets are the cost of ink. Can you tell me what bugaboos there are with laserjets.
Thanks

Old 06-01-06, 08:08 AM
B
For entry level units it seems that inkjets give better quality print than lasers. I would say that lasers last longer and that their toners do as well, however HP and others have been changing that game plan the past few years.

It also used to be true that only inkjets could print color.. but now there are color lasers for.. $600? Possibly less.

You might try PCMAG.COM or PCWORLD.COM and checktheir reviews. Consumer Reports web site is Great at this sort of stuff, however you have to pay for entry to it.

Old 06-01-06, 08:47 AM
Thanks racraft and bluewhale. I guess a trip to all the computer electronic stores is in order. There is much to chose from.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: