MS Word 2002 question

Old 06-19-06, 08:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question MS Word 2002 question

I'm running XP PRo for my OS with MS Word 2002.. for some reason, everytime I open a document to view, when I close, it asks "do you want to save your changes?"... I haven't changed anything, haven't typed... just looked at it.. never did it with other MS Word or Office applications. This one insists that I changed something.. I just click no, but wonder what the heck its talking about? thanks..

Old 06-19-06, 08:37 AM
R
If this happens with certain documents, there may be something in the document, such as a date field, that was automatically updated.

If this happens with every document, then perhaps they are being converted in some manner from some older version of Word.

Old 06-19-06, 09:24 AM
xp pro , and word '03 here

I think if you open and close it wont do it but if you click anywhere in the page evan if you dont enter any thing it asks .

like you I noticed it a while back and played around with it and thats what I came up with

Old 06-20-06, 03:31 PM
I'll check that out.. because, usually its to just view to read something.. all the documents were created in that version, so its not a version upgrade or anything.. thanks

Old 06-21-06, 01:04 PM
Different Printer?

If the documents originally used a different printer (new model, updated driver, etc) Word may be reconfiguring the document for your current default printer. This would trigger the save changes dialog when you close.

Old 06-25-06, 02:29 AM
but, if it reconfigured it for the new printer, shouldn't it save that format and not ask me to save the next time I open the document?.. it asks everytime? thanks..

Old 06-25-06, 06:16 PM
S
I have XP home on one computer and XP pro on another. Both computers use Office XP 2002 Professional and they both do what you are talking about. But when I had regular word it did not do this. If I made a change, I save it; if I didn't, I just cancel it. Don't know why, but you are not alone here

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: