Graphics card

Old 06-20-06, 07:37 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arrow Graphics card

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change a graphics card for a labtop because i wanted to get a new game for my computer but it has an insufficient graphics card. My labtop is a toshiba with 2.6 GHz processor, 40GB HDD, 256MB DDR SDRAM, and Integrated 32MB VRAM. so if anyone knows how i would appreciate some advice. If you need any more information about my computer then post what you need to help me, then ill post it later when i check up on this thread. Thanks

Old 06-21-06, 05:29 AM
R
Generally speaking, you cannot. Laptop computers do not have expansion slots like desktop computers do. The video (both the adapter and the display itself) are generally fixed once the laptop is built.

Sometimes they have docking stations into which you can add expansion cards and attach external monitors. However, not all manufacturers have them.

I think you will need a new computer to use your new game.

Old 06-21-06, 01:47 PM
Must Agree

Posting the model (Sattelite, Protege, etc) and model number would have helped. I took a quick look at the Toshiba site but I didn't find any 2.6 GHz units. Some manufacturers will offer a few display options. The Toshiba ones I did check out didn't offer any display options. So I have to agree, if you really want to play the game you will have to play it on something other than the laptop

Old 06-21-06, 02:52 PM
D
thanks guys for your help on this issue. I'll check further into the option of the additional monitor. ohh and its a Satellite A45-S120 if that tells you anymore. Thanks

Old 06-22-06, 09:22 AM
Game Video Issue

Just a question, but what was the game's issue with the graphics device?

Also I couldn't find any info on a Satellite A45, could be country specific and I was searching Toshiba Canada, but they did list an A40 and it had pretty well the same specs as you posted earlier except its states the graphic device as - * Intel 852GME. 64MB dynamic video memory

Here's a link to the Intel support page for 852GME
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel852gm/

It has links to a Game Compatibility List and the How-To for getting the most out of the card. If your graphic device is the 852GME, you'll want to check this out because since you have 256 Mb RAM, the setting for your video memory to 32 Mb can be changed.

Old 06-22-06, 11:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You might have better luck with games if you increase your RAM.. I have 1 gig in my HP laptop, and the video has 128 shared memory that I can increase to 256 in the BIOS..

Old 07-14-06, 02:03 PM
D
Hey guys thanks alot for the help and srry for this really late reply but the game is World of Warcraft that i wanted to play.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: