How do you burn a CD for music?

Old 06-23-06, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do you burn a CD for music?

*Sorry the BOLD font doesn't seem to want to work for me...
I just bought some blank CD's from Best Buy and I have a bunch of songs downloaded on my laptop I'd like to put on them to use in the car...
Will it be self-explanatory (like some Wizard will appear?) when I put the disc in the computer or is there a specific way to do this?
Please help-- I have no computer literacy.
tx,
deb

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-06, 05:23 AM
You need software to burn the CD. If the CD burner came installed in the PC then there may be some software already loaded. If you installed the CD burner then you need to install software.

Windows Media Player will burn audio CDs. Real Player will burn audio CDs. There are also other programs that will burn all types of CDs. Nero and Roxio are two such programs.

Old 06-23-06, 07:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Nero, Roxio, Sonic, etc. are used to burn CDs and DVDs..
Basically, the music is converted to a .wav file, then burned to the CD.. If your auto CD player is capable of playing mp3 files, then you can just use the burning software to copy them to CD..

Old 06-24-06, 02:47 AM
first, what format are the songs in on your laptop. if wav files? then freeware, I like exact audio copy http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ tools, write cd-r, layout, append files as new track index 1, load your wav files, then tools, write cd. eac has a good wav editor, and if you get the hang of eac, and download lame (with the right settings) it makes good mp3s from wav files. second, if they're in another audio format, you'll probably need a transcoding program to convert the songs on your laptop to wav sound. (if they're mp3, eac will also decompress mp3 to wav (if your car cd player won't play mp3s.

Old 06-24-06, 07:08 AM
Since you didn't say what software you have you can use Windows Media Player to do it. Just click on burn in WMP and find your play lists on the left menu, use the Ctrl button to select multiple songs. Then on the right menu you select the drive where your CD burner is and select audio CD. It takes some getting use to. Remember you burn to the CD and rip to the hard drive.

Old 06-24-06, 01:43 PM
2x2
nero software

Mine has got the nero software for burning CD's DVD's also
if you already have a audio CD you just need burn yourself another copy