Can't create new DVD

Old 07-03-06, 01:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't create new DVD

Hello
I have roxio easy media creator 7 installed along with roxio easy media creator 6.

On 7 when I go to create new DVD I get this error.

"It has been detected that your display adapter does not fully support direct X 9.0 3D features. This Application requires these features in order to run. This problem can usually be resolved by updating your display driver. Please vist your graphics card manufacturers website and download an updated driver."
OK I have 3DFX Voodoo 3 display adapters and I don't think updates are avalable and I don't know who makes it. I have windows XP pro installed on here.the tower I beleave is a AMD the moniter is a Sony trinitron multiscan 200sx with a hewlett packard keybord and hewlett packard mouse.

Old 07-03-06, 02:00 AM
B
The video card looks to be pretty old: on the order of 5+ years. (?) I did find this site for picking up tweaks that might help

http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxhelp.asp

It LOOKS like your burning program is saying it wants Microsoft Direct X version 9: Have you tried going to the Microsoft site using IE and updating your PC? This would be under non-security related updates. It might take multiple updates/reboots, but also might resolve this issue.

Old 07-03-06, 10:04 PM
Thanks but I went out and got a new computer came with a tower 17 inch flat screen moniter keybord and a mouse 1000mb ram all for 699 + tax and after 100 instant rebate.The computer tower also has a dvd/cd burner combo with lightscribe.

Old 07-04-06, 06:07 AM
R
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
Thanks but I went out and got a new computer came with a tower 17 inch flat screen moniter keybord and a mouse 1000mb ram all for 699 + tax and after 100 instant rebate.The computer tower also has a dvd/cd burner combo with lightscribe.
Just because you got a good bargain, does not mean you got a good computer. You may not be able to run this program.

Old 07-04-06, 01:10 PM
Well my mom has the same computer and everything works with it the light scribe (its built in the advertsiment goes burn flip burn burn the cd than flip it over to creat a custom label.} It works we both now have the same
computer.

Old 07-04-06, 01:30 PM
tae
I dont think they understood you got a new computer, so dont really need this question answered now. Congrats on the new puter. lightscribe is cool.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: