CD/DVD burner programs

Old 07-10-06, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
CD/DVD burner programs

My free subscription that came with my new computer is about to run out. Anybody have a good free burner program?
thanks

Old 07-10-06, 12:05 PM
H
Here is one I found by googling: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

I have not used it, but it looks like it will do what you want. I don't know how good or easy it is to operate.

Personally, I use Nero. I have Nero 6 and it is IMO, the best burning program. You can get a trial version here: http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-demo.php

Old 07-10-06, 01:08 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
cdburnerxp is sketchy to whether or not your burner is compatible and it depends on how many different things your try to do like burn or rip ISO's movies.

Old 07-10-06, 02:50 PM
Thanks. I don't have a need for all the bells and whistles.I had "burn4free" years ago.It wasn't half-bad. Thanks again

Old 07-10-06, 08:41 PM
H
Originally Posted by daswede
I had "burn4free" years ago.It wasn't half-bad.
So, is that what you went with? What did you have previously that the trial ran out?

I downloaded the program I mentioned, but I haven't installed it. From the ScreenShots, it looked like something that I usually use in a CD/DVD burning software.

Like I said though, I use Nero and it has done great for me in the past. I use lots of bells and whistles though and do a lot of ISO making, editing and burning (I have a couple of other programs that help with that).

Need anything just hollar. I don't check here often, but I am starting to more and more each day.

Hope whatever you find works out well for you.

Old 07-10-06, 09:38 PM
J
cd-r, I like EAC, exact audio copy. download and configure the lame compressor and it's also good for mp3s. for the dvd-burner, I use Imgburn which will burn isos, although I've had it fail, and then had to go back and reinstall dvddecrypter and use the dvd burning engine in decrypter. I tried a free program roxio-something or another, that came with my burner. I wouldn't give you a dime for it, it was slow. I've got nero when I end up with some cd-r cuts that have to be normalized. it does right before burning which eac doesn't, or I don't know how to batch-process and normalize 15 or 20 cuts with eac, only normalize the songs individually

Old 07-11-06, 01:13 AM
mike_s104
Visiting Guest
burnatonce

Old 07-11-06, 05:08 AM
I had burn4free before i got my new computer(Dell). Part of the Dell pkg.was roxio free for 90 days. I don't do alot of burning only occasionally to back up files and data. No music,or video,at least not yet.
Seems like many of these burner programs, free or subscription, have their quirks.
Will check out more . thanks

Old 07-11-06, 07:19 AM
B
If you don't want to spend money for a program try using the built in software in WinXP. It is S L O W. And much touchier than Nero about the media it will work with, but it does work.

Paul

Old 07-13-06, 03:12 PM
C
Between EzCD Creator that came with my old CDRW drive and Nero that came with my DVD burner, I used a program called BurnAtOnce.I

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: