web cams info

Old 08-03-06, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
web cams info

saw a person using a webcam that could be viewed through IM. thought it was great. any info or reccommended brands? any info would help me become familiar with how they work and what to look for.

thanks
birch

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-06, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hi birch, my suggestion is to go with a logitech quickcam desktop messenger. it looks like a white cue ball with an eye on it. i have aim as well and yahoo and it has never let me down yet.(made for desktop computers but also works on laptops with win xp and 64 bit processors) mine costed about 50+ dollors(yea i know a bit expensive for a webcam). if going to use the webcam using aol what you do is make sure the software is on computer then click on the live video button(looks like a purple video camera) in aim it just says video tab at top of im. if using aol software(the one you pay 25+ per month for) it will ask for the first time to download a small file so aol will let you use the webcam in video im. with yahoo its plug n play meaning no files to downlaod just click on when it says do u want to activagte video im? after you click ok u can even use it with more then one person at a time!! (aim dont have that capability) please pm me in DIY if you have questions. it should be really simple to do.

good luck