Removing/unstalling Downloaded Files

Old 08-08-06, 10:15 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Removing/unstalling Downloaded Files

My daughter downloaded Yahoo Messenger , and it works OK. Then I downloaded Yahoo messenger with voice, and now it is not working like it should.

Now I like to REMOVE/ UNINSTALL this yahoo in my computer COMPLETELY . And then I would download the yahoo messenger with voice all over again hoping it will work this time.
Just how do I uninstall it?

A friend suggested to right click the yahoo messenger icon, and then delete. If I do that, would'nt it just remove the icon but the program is still in the computer taking valuable hard drive space.?

I might add that webroot spy sweeper was recently installled in the computer. And a question always pop-up while downloading asking if I like to block or install certain files, and give me 50 seconds to make a choice. To that I did nothing.

Old 08-08-06, 10:27 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Either use Add-Remove programs in the control panel, or (if the program has one) use the uninstall program in the start menu for the program.

By the way, you do not uninstall downloaded programs, you only uninstall programs that have been installed. Once you uninstall Yahoo messenger (all installed versions), you do not need to re-download the program (unless you deleted the downloaded install program), all you need to do is to find the downloaded install program and then execute it.

Be warned, I wouldn't put much faith in this exercise fixing the problems you are experiencing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: