Laptop screen

Old 08-20-06, 05:43 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Laptop screen

I have a laptop running windows xp home and the problem is when I close the screen to a point (45 degrees from closed) the screen goes dark like it is in standby mode, but it is not and using a flashlight I can see the screen. When I open it, the screen will not light up and the only way to get the screen back is to reboot the system. What is wrong?

Old 08-21-06, 03:12 AM
N
I don't understand [when i close the screen to a point 45.] what are you doing? The monitors all monitors have a refresh rate a resolution rate and bit rates my is set up 1080-1024 at 60 hz 32 bits but i can change that from portrait to lanscape some software older software run better in landscape the problem is they leave you there unless you know how to reset it. solution restart or learn how to manualy reset it.

Old 08-21-06, 05:21 AM
D
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

ariesmars is referring to the angle relating to the screen and the keyboard with the 45. laptop screens use a backlight behind the screen to light up and maybe what is happening is the sensor in hinge of laptop is not detecting the screen being open and to wake up or its the light bulb(led) light must be going bad. to fix this it is best to go to a laptop or computer service technician since it may be a bit advanced for an inexperianced person.

also has screen went dim when this problem started???

how long have you had computer and is it always on?? these may be contributing factors to the screen problem

Old 08-25-06, 08:03 PM
A
Originally Posted by DOORDOCTOR
ariesmars is referring to the angle relating to the screen and the keyboard with the 45º. laptop screens use a backlight behind the screen to light up and maybe what is happening is the sensor in hinge of laptop is not detecting the screen being open and to wake up or its the light bulb(led) light must be going bad. to fix this it is best to go to a laptop or computer service technician since it may be a bit advanced for an inexperianced person.

also has screen went dim when this problem started???

how long have you had computer and is it always on?? these may be contributing factors to the screen problem

I don't understand the first question. For the others questions, no it is not always on. And I had it for 1 year. I have also noticed at times (rare) while the screen is open and working on the system the screen would flicker and go dark for a moment then come back on. When it goes into standby mode and wakes up the screen comes on with no problem, it only happens when I close the screen and then open it. However, it does not do it every single time. Before I typed this I opened and closed the screen 4 times and it did not go off.

Last edited by ariesmars; 08-25-06 at 09:54 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: